Monday 11 May 2009

Stressful cake? No problem!



I don't know why I offered.
I'm not even that good at cakes - but a cake was needed for Tracys surprise meal so I stepped up to the plate... or mixing bowl if you will.

All well and good but BUT our oven thermostat broke last week so I had to bake it in the top oven which is rubbish. After half an hour baking, I did the ole skewer test - still runny! I tested again after 40 mins... still runny... 50 mins... [ the top was slowly darkening by this time ] almost solid.

I was *that* close to going out and buying one, but hey, it was ok in the end.
I cut off some burny bits at the top (coz it peaked up like a BOLCANO) and plastered it in butter icing that closely resembled mashed potato. Then I covered the whole shabang in lots of sweets. Job done.

PHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment