Friday 19 June 2009

Folk Festival 2009











Well you know that summer is truly here when the craziness that is the Wimborne Folk Festival comes around.

Friday was a weird day for me.
Being told I'm being laid off work is not a great thing to hear before having a houseful of friends wanting a happy jolly time, eh?

Anyhoo, I had a strop and a tear or two and G was awesome as usual and then KNOCK KNOCK! they started arriving so I pulled myself together, poured myself something winey and chilled and forgot all about it. Monday I'll worry.

The whole weekend was lovely lovely lovely.
We caught up with Barni and lovely Kate and Rich, it had been 2 years since we last saw them. 2 years! How did that happen??

G was incredible BBQ man again. Love him.

The folkie was VERY boozy... We didn't have the kids friday night and saturday daytime so we hung out and listened to the bands and drank quite a bit of sticky beer. Saturday night we had a houseful of kids and G lit the BBQ again for yet another friendy-feed-fest.

Shame we didn't catch up with Mum and Dad who were down for the Sunday - Dad even managed to play an irish set at the Pudding and Pie - missed it! Doh! But then we were at River Cottage... (see above)

I wasn't much good for anything Monday.. but luckily(!) I've been laid off so I worked Tues and Wed on Amanda's site which is coming along lovely. I'll pop the link on here when it's gone live.

No comments:

Post a Comment