Thursday 16 April 2009

London calling














Amber and I spent a lovely few days in the big smoke visiting my big bro and various London sights and museums. Amber was so excited, which waned slightly during the boring coach ride (would somebody pleeeease put the rail link back in Wimborne...) but as soon as we got there she perked right back up.

We went straight to the Natural History Museum which is an eternal fave of mine (love the mammals bit the best) and we wandered around for hours and hours. I love the pic of Amber in front of the bear. RaaaaR!

Meric and May's place is lovely - yes, much better than James and Ambers old place even. Loving their little garden and masses of lovely books (spent each morning leafing through many). It's got a lovely happy vibe and reckon they'll be very happy there until it's time to buy their own little place.

We were SO tired after 3 days walking but it's funny, whenever I go to London I feel the same things:

1. Jeez, it's So big... (I'm such a country mouse)
2. I wonder what everyone is DOING, where' are they GOING? Why the rush?
3. I look at people on the tube and dare myself to hold someones eye, or start a conversation (it'll never happen)
3. I wonder if I could ever live there (nope)
4. I look into people's windows - if you leave London by coach in the evening when people put lights on but haven't yet closed their curtains the coach goes right past Harrods and many beautiful apartments. EYE SPY..
5. I'm so glad to get home to sleepy Wimborne and trees and fields.

PS. The recycled plastic handprint (last pic) is what I think the Little Veg Patches for schools would be lovely being made of. Just need to find a supplier. It's so lovely and bright and you can see bits of what it's been made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment