Thursday 16 April 2009

An Orlebar Easter


Easter Sunday saw us desperately trying not to be late to the Orlebar easter lunch at my in-laws. I'd been given strict instructions over the phone a few days before... "oh Kyleigh my love, try not to be late..." oh. They're learning about their daughter in law, eh?

So we left by 11.30 and got there by 12.30! hurray! But... I'd forgotten the easter nest cakes Amber and I had made the day before. Gutted.

It didn't matter because the table was overspilling with baskets and dainty glass dishes full of little 70% eggs, mini eggs, noisette eggs... plus there was a little Easter gift at each place setting from Bumble.

I like that G has an Aunty called Bumble. Bob and Tamsin call her 'Bum'. How cool is that? For pudding there was crumble so I couldn't help but ask her "Are you enjoying your crumble Bumble?" to which Uncle Mike cracked up and started hollering at her "Hey don't grumble about the crumble, Bumble!"... after a pause she simply put down her napkin and stated "hey, don't fumble with the Bumble!". She's SO lovely and so glamourous. She must've been a force to be reckoned with in her day. I imagine her driving a vintage sporty Merc down the Kings Road in big Mary Quant shades, smoking a fag in a long cigarette holder...

So there was 11 of us for Orlebar lunch which was duck... which is an Easter tradition apparantly. The wine flowed... oh how fast it flows. I was designated driver as I'd given G strict instructions to let his hair down and get drunk and ridiculous. He didn't disappoint.

After the dishes were loaded into the dishwasher and folk had bid farewells, G and uncle Mike were still going for it and yet 2 more Oyster Bay bottles were consumed in about an hour. He slept all the way home...

No comments:

Post a Comment